Provides customer support to users of the clinical information systems. Responsible for answering IT department phone. Triages the support call and initiates a ticket. If a tier I issue, follows the solution, resolves the issue. Tier II issues assigned to appropriate IT staff. Notifies IT director of any issues that are trending. Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice and follows protocols according to regulatory guidelines for electronic health records and the nurse practice act.
- Initiates, maintains and communicates IT tickets regarding user errors, resolution, follow up and closes tickets. Provides support for Tier One tickets when employees contact Support Center for assistance. Responds and follows up with user concerns in a timely manner.
- Schedules resources and time to minimize costs. Understands impact of decisions and actions on the budget.
- Communicates complex concepts and issues effectively (written and oral) across all levels within the organization. Facilitates problem solving within and between departments.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of software applications, and protocols.
- Acts as a liaison with medical staff to assess their needs and provide information and training as needed.
- Maintains a current knowledge of:
*Trends and issues in health care, nursing practice, healthcare informatics.
*Organizational policies and procedures related to clinical practice and the legal implications of the clinical information system.
*Clinical applications currently in use and their relationship to other organizational information systems.
*Structure and hierarchy of the organization.
- Develops and maintains a quality improvement program for clinical information systems. Monitors, reports and collaborates with other departments to identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
- Provides training for branch staff to help avoid or reduce the call volume from clinical staff regarding telephony &/or laptops, etc. Works with supervisor and IT Director to find ways to anticipate and effectively resolve IT issues for clinical staff; with a goal of minimizing down time.
- Coordinates and evaluates projects within the clinical informatics department. Provides leadership and guidance to clinical informatics staff. Participates in interviewing and hiring new employees in clinical informatics.
- Participates in planning related to future direction of the CIS and related efforts.
- Directs and participates in computer training and orientation activities for current and new personnel, students and physicians.
- Maintains patient, family, physician and employee confidentiality. Maintains knowledge of security and data integrity issues related to the clinical information system.
- Maintains effective relationships with clinical managers. Assist managers in identifying information systems needs and project management related to information systems.