Responsible for management of the patient services program consistent with Caris HealthCare policies and procedures within the assigned region.
* Oversees delivery of patient care assuring compliance with Caris HealthCare policies and hospice regulations. Coordinate the planning and delivery of quality, cost effective hospice care.
* Monitors company to ensure that the customer service standards are adhered to in daily operations. Evaluate patient services provided by the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Assures and monitors case management aspects of patient care including the approval of the following components within company guidelines: pharmacy, DME, supplies, x-rays, labs, and other clinical issues that support end of life care.
* Assures assignment of patient care staff based on competency of available personnel. Monitors scheduling of patient care staff to provide adequate coverage to include 24 hour call. Assures adequate staffing resources are available to meet patient care requirements for all four levels of care.
* Provides agency administrators with periodic written updates on Performance Improvement measures and audits and reviews. Supervise and coordinate utilization review activities.
* Conduct quarterly audits for assigned region. Provide both oral and written assessment of findings from review activities including an exit interview with Administrator and PCC.
* Monitor services and documentation to meet Hospice policies and procedures, Medicare, and accreditation guidelines.
* Responsible for monitoring satisfaction surveys to identify trends and resolve problem areas.
* Provide leadership for interdisciplinary team meetings; the development, review and revision of the patient/family plan of care; facilitation of problem solving sessions, and delivery of team support.
* Determines patient’s appropriateness for admission and re-certification of hospice services consistent with admission criteria in conjunction with Caris medical directors.
* Promotes and coordinates quality and effectiveness of personnel and services through appropriate job orientation and on-the-job training and education programs.
* Ensures deviations from policy are reported and necessary follow-up steps are taken to ensure compliance.
* Maintain knowledge of state licensure, federal certification, and accreditation requirements.
* Provide general information and in-service training to SNF and hospital staff concerning hospice services, terminal care and joint working relationship.
* Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device required to document in the electronic medical record.
* Fills in for Administrator and or PCC during vacations, leave of absences, and interim period when these positions are vacant. Be available on-call as required.
* Collaborates closely with the IT department to identify areas of need and provide assistance in developing new processes and programs related to the clinical electronic documentation process.